MJL Advertising Ltd is an independent and friendly healthcare creative branding and communications agency in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK, with a combination of office-based and remote working.
We are known for:
- Brilliant client service, we love our clients and our clients love us, and that’s why we have some of the longest and strongest relationships in the industry
- Strategic thinking. We take a holistic view to problem solving and pride ourselves on our strategic thinking
- Great creative that’s pragmatic and effective. We don’t believe in being creative for creative’s sake; we win awards because our creative thinking changes behaviours
- Strong scientific and promotional writing ability, from advertising campaigns to educational programmes, we are versatile and succinct at getting the point across
- Our people. We employ great, fun loving people who dedicate their energy, time and enthusiasm to this agency, and we are looking to find more. Could you be our Senior Copywriter?
• You have a scientific background and a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a writer in a creative healthcare environment
• You are familiar with the ABPI code of practice
• You are passionate about creating compelling stories that change behaviours, and seeing your projects through from start to finish
• You have a curiosity to uncover new information to help shape and enhance a brand story
• You are inspirational, energetic and love what you do
• You are a safe pair of hands, taking ownership of your brands and being confident in presenting ideas to internal teams, clients and as the lead writer in pitches
• You’re a hard-working team player – you care more about team rather than individual success and are a supportive mentor to junior team members
• You thrive on variety and new challenges, with a flexibility in writing styles to suit different audiences
• You’re proactive, suggesting new projects that are appropriate and on-strategy
Day-to-day you’ll be working on the development of scientifically accurate, differentiating and engaging materials across a variety of therapy areas and communication channels for a variety of audiences. This includes:
- Promotional and educational copy for healthcare professionals
- Disease awareness and educational copy for patients
- Internal communications (for reps, brand managers and sales managers)
- New creative concepts and narratives or refreshing existing campaigns by finding unique angles to engage stakeholders
You’ll need to be able to extract key data from clinical papers and turn that into compelling copy that supports the brand story. You’ll be responsible for all writing output on your primary accounts, which must be fully referenced and compliant, and you’ll support other writers on their accounts when required. You’ll work closely with client services to understand the brand strategy in order to bring it to life through your copy. You’ll work closely with art directors on creative concept ideas, and with designers/studio to ensure your content works visually to its full potential. You’ll also take the lead in copy discussions with clients and medics.
As part of the copy team, you’ll be responsible for the quality of copy — accuracy, fit for purpose, on brief, thought provoking, differentiating. You’ll be uploading and referencing copy on Veeva, and thoroughly reviewing and proofreading work. You’ll need to be organised and flexible to ensure high standards are maintained in a dynamic environment.