At Health Unlimited, you will work with the brightest and most ambitious colleagues in health communications as well as across creative, digital and medical education. We take a creative approach to everything we do – putting our audience first to achieve tangible outcomes. We have an entrepreneurial culture, which encourages and supports everyone to bring the best ideas to our clients.
The Senior Account Executive role is fundamental within our agency. With at least 2 years’ experience in healthcare communications industry, you will support all aspects of account deliver. You will quickly become your team’s right-hand person, relishing any task – no matter how big or small. While managing day-to-day tasks, you will have the opportunity to be part of creating work you’ll be proud of and being part of the continued growth of our agency.
You’ll be someone who likes to be busy, is brimming with ideas and who wants a workplace that champions a great thought. All voices are equal at Health Unlimited. With a natural ability to communicate, you’ll bring a smart writing style and have an instinct for getting your message across. Working closely with your Account Manager and Account Director you will be part of a team that is trusted and respected by our clients.
You will provide a support service to your teams ensuring projects are delivered to a high standard, effectively and on time. We provide opportunities for learning and development and you will have a bespoke training plan in place to progress and develop your career.
You will work with a talented team and will be mentored and supported by people who have enormous experience and expertise to share. We seek a team player who can work under the pressure of short deadlines who works collaboratively while also being confident in looking after their own projects.
- Execution of projects to meet high standards and deadlines, ranging from ethical pharma to consumer health
- Research lead and drafting of written materials for clients, such as press releases, website copy and social media content
- Pitch press releases and news stories by phone or email to the media, media monitoring on behalf of your clients and producing coverage reports following sell-ins
- Interest in and understanding of the consumer and ethical healthcare media landscape, as well as the environment of the brands within which you work
- Liaison with clients under the guidance of your Associate Director/Account Director/Account Manager
- Logistical and administrative support and contribution to creative materials
- Event organisation, including virtual and or on-site support (travel may be involved)
- Liaison with suppliers, our in-house studio and production manager
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant Code of Practice e.g. ABPI/ EFPIA/ PAGB, attend six-monthly training sessions, gain team trust in all things Code related and know when to ask questions of senior team members if unsure about whether something is appropriate
New business responsibilities
- Maintenance of an excellent standard of work, so we remain the agency our clients recommend
- Participation in new business proposals, including research and programme development
- Completion of timesheets in accordance with our standard timeframe
- Management of purchases and cost tracking
- Understanding and management of project budgets
- Support the company’s social media team, ensuring content calendars and engagement across LinkedIn and Instagram channels remains active, topical and well-planned
- Monitor relevant industry awards for the company to enter and showcase its brilliant work
- Monitor industry and client trends and news
Competencies you must have
- Copywriting and English-language fluency, including the ability to interpret medical data for lay audiences or draft engaging content for diverse audiences (HCPs, patients, journalists, etc)
- Attention to detail and methodical approach to referencing documents, including experience with client electronic review platforms, eg Veeva PromoMats
- Presentation skills, in terms of developing PowerPoint slides, as well as effective verbal and written communication of ideas
Competencies that are nice to have
- Execution of social media campaigns and content generation for healthcare clients
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
- After 3 years’ service an extra 1.5 days holiday, plus 0.5 day per additional year completed up to 30 days total.
- On top of that, there is additional discretionary time off over the Christmas period.
- 7.5 hour working day with lite-flex start and finish - come in any time between 8am and 10am, finish between 4:30pm and 6:30pm.
- One-hour lunch break.
- Full social programme: weekly Friday challenge and bar, annual Christmas and summer party, book and tv clubs, and more.
- Subsidised on-site café with roof terrace.
Healthy body and mind
- Simply Health cash-back plan for everyday health needs (after 6 months).
- 24/7 counselling and support line.
- In-house mental health e-support team.
- Free annual flu jab.
- Discounts at local gyms.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We play in interagency sports leagues and always welcome more participants.
- Fresh fruit delivered twice a week.
- Competitive salary
- 3% contributory company pension (after 3 months).
- Group life assurance (4x annual salary).
- Season ticket loan.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity package for qualifying staff.
- One day paid volunteering.
- Annual appraisal and pay reviews.
- Bespoke training linked to your objectives.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Team and individual reward schemes.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community
As an equal opportunities workplace, we have a commitment to ensuring equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, socio-economic status, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, neuro divergence, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. Whether you’re just getting your foot in the door, or you are an experienced employee whose life circumstances are shifting, we are committed to creating a workplace that reflects the world we want to live in and are therefore flexible to accommodate each individual's needs as best as we can.
Apply for this job