You are a passionate science communicator looking to build your career somewhere that will champion your professional growth and value your contributions. Our world is changing and you need the freedom of flexible working and an environment that welcomes new ideas. Perhaps you are drawn to an agency that cares about the environment and our place within society.
At the AS&K Group, scientific excellence is at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for talented Senior Medical Writers to join our agencies, AS&K and Remedica. You will be given the space to develop and flourish in the role, and we offer our people the freedom to experiment, to try out new things – and to be involved in shaping the company.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and are working towards ambitious carbon targets across the business. Ultimately, we all choose to work at the AS&K Group because we want to help improve the lives of our fellow humans and we live this through our company values.
- Wide-ranging flexible working policy
- Annual leave starting from 25 days
- Private medical/dental cover
- Life insurance
- Discretionary annual performance-related bonus
- Independent employee assistance programme
- Memberships for Perkbox, Headspace and MyEva
- Subsidised gym membership
- Volunteering day
- Salary sacrifice schemes for bicycles and electric cars
- Vibrant social calendar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience in a relevant STM setting, ideally in a medical communications, medical education or healthcare advertising agency.
- Good organisational skills.
- Enthusiasm for communicating science to the ultimate benefit of patients.
- A life science degree, or equivalent, is essential; higher degrees are desirable.
- Prior experience in the fields of cardiology, immunology, oncology and neurology would be advantageous.
- Producing accurate, concise and insightful material across a wide range of project types, adapting writing style for different audiences and formats.
- Researching, interpreting and employing scientific data from multiple sources, and fact-checking to ensure delivery to the highest scientific standards.
- Effective interaction with clients, thought leaders and external teams, and providing on-site or virtual medical writing support for meetings.
- Proficient use of PowerPoint to create and edit slides with varying complexity, creativity and visual impact.
- Taking leadership in team projects, and collaborating to meet agreed timelines, budgets and client expectations.
- Providing input to business development activities and generating ideas for new and enhanced products and services.
Office locations: London Camden, Berlin, Indianapolis. We offer a wide-ranging flexible working policy and the team uses a mix of office and home working.