At AXON communications we are looking for an experienced, pro-active and innovative Account Director to join our Medical Communications team.
AXON is looking for a strategic, creative, Account Director with an enthusiasm for science-driven communications to join our dynamic team of healthcare communications specialists. This dynamic PR role entails working with leading healthcare clients, collaborating on stream strategy for talent and growth, driving creative and strategic comms solutions, and helping propel our overall business success. In addition to contributing to and leading high-level strategy and new business development, you will also be responsible for inspiring, coaching and empowering our exceptional team, to deliver outstanding work for some of our most high-profile clients.
Working across the product life cycle, you will be instrumental in both internal and external global brand communications across areas such as oncology, ophthalmology, corporate comms, and neuroscience. You will also have the opportunity to get involved in our growing healthcare sustainability work.
You will work alongside some of the most talented people in the industry, including our in-house Insights & Intelligence and Creative teams, to produce integrated, innovative solutions that help our clients to meet their objectives.
This is an exciting time for AXON, as we look to drive significant growth in the coming year. We have just moved into a fantastic new office space on the Thames in London, steps from London Bridge and Borough Market. We also offer flexible work from home options. If you are ready to join a team where you can have real impact, please get in touch.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Experience from a similar role in a fast-paced communications environment (in-house or agency)
· A strong network of contacts in healthcare communications across industry and media
· Industry knowledge and familiarity with current events
· Ability to lead and inspire your colleagues and teams
· Skills in addressing challenging situations effectively and with sensitivity
· A flair for creative solutions, and out-of-the-box thinking
· Strong skills in translating high-level scientific communications into accessible materials
· A keen eye for detail and an emphasis on quality
· Great communication skills and the ability to build rapport across cultures
· Flexible and collaborative style
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package* includes:
· 25 days’ holiday (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
· 5% employer pension contribution
· Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
· Income Protection insurance
· Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
· Travel insurance (for you and your family)
· An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service.
· Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service.
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
COVID-19 and Work Location
Whilst our employees are currently predominantly working from home, we will move to a hybrid model of working in the future across our office locations of London, Brighton and Copenhagen.
We anticipate that some of our team will start returning to the office in the coming months. We will ensure that our office remains COVID-secure and in line with government guidance are conducting risk assessments and putting precautions in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff.
This said, we want to create an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, and we know that everyone has different needs. We therefore offer flexible working and are open to having a conversation around what flexibility means for you (considering work location and working patterns).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected]