Hanover is a leading award-winning communications consultancy that advises enterprises, institutions, and individuals on building recognition and enhancing reputation.
We are a collective of smart, curious people that think differently. We live by our shared values. These guide our work and build our inclusive, open and collaborative culture.
Hanover is part of AVENIR GLOBAL’s powerhouse of specialist communications consultancies.
Find out more about Hanover and working for us.
We are looking for an ambitious Account Director to join our dynamic and fast-growing Healthcare Communications team.
The Account Director will provide strategic advice to Hanover’s existing public relations clients together with management of client accounts, teams and budgets, backed by operational support where required.
They will also lead on new business activity including acquisition, development and pitching, and will manage junior team members up to Consultant level.
We’re on the lookout for someone who is excited about helping breakthrough products, services and companies to succeed. The successful candidate will join a team with expertise in product PR, patient advocacy, corporate communications and media relations, and work across a number of exciting therapy areas including neuroscience, immunology and pain.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients, from the world’s top healthcare companies to exciting new startups, ultimately helping patients and healthcare professionals across numerous disciplines. Our clients include Novartis, Lilly, Celltrion Healthcare, NHSPS and Endomag.
Hanover Health has been an integral part of the Hanover Group’s overall growth. In 2020, we won the PharmaTimes Charity Team award and were shortlisted for an award at the Communique Awards and PRWeek 2020 Specialist Consultancy of the Year, and we retained our PharmaTimes award in 2021.
- Provide timely and relevant strategic advice to clients informed by broad intelligence-gathering on client, sector, competitors and policy environment
- Project manage and supervise the delivery of all client services across multiple accounts
- Lead regular client meetings and internal account management meetings, reviewing progress, monitoring capacity and allocating tasks
- Identify prospective clients or new work streams from existing clients
- Project manage activities focused on new business development, including marketing and new business pipeline management
- Demonstrate an active and ever-expanding new business network that can provide significant opportunities for Hanover
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell services between Hanover teams and/or offices
- Personal management and mentoring of junior members of the team, up to Consultant level, providing guidance to improve quality of work and overall efficiency
- Manage client budgets and adhere to company budget setting and management
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven track record of experience working in a healthcare / pharmaceutical PR role, ideally within a consultancy or in-house team
- Strong knowledge of both healthcare product and corporate communications
- Ability to lead teams and drive client accounts
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time, project and financial management ability
- Client focused with close attention to detail
- Familiarity with relevant media (print, broadcast and digital)
- Proactive and experienced in developing new business
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive salary, your core benefits package will include:
- An annual performance-related bonus plus additional bonus potential linked to recruitment, new business and long service
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare insurance
- A company pension plan, including 8% employer contribution
You’ll also have access to a wide range of opportunities and initiatives, including:
A stunning riverside office location overlooking the city’s most impressive landmarks
- Flexible and hybrid working policies, plus eligibility to apply for a sabbatical after 2 years’ service and early Friday finish
- The Hanover Academy, which incorporates training, coaching, mentoring and reverse-mentoring opportunities to support personal development and career progression across all levels, with a generous training budget
- International secondments (when feasible) as well as the opportunity to collaborate with all offices across the AVENIR GLOBAL’s network
- A wellbeing programme, featuring (but not limited to) parental coaching pre- and post-leave coaching, a working parents’ group, Employee Assistance Programme, trained mental health first aiders, subsidised gym membership, LiveSmart sessions on mindfulness, sleep, resilience, etc.
- Hanover’s IN Network is our global working group dedicated to issues of Inclusion and Diversity. The network has 7 workstreams which cover areas such as gender, ethnicity, LGBTQIA+ and mental health.
- Our Culture Club, with a robust social calendar all year round, Trailblazer of the Month award, Lunch & Learns, pub quizzes, and an opportunity to win an Out of Office activity fund
- CSR activities, including providing pro-bono support to charity organisations.