Hanover is a leading award-winning communications consultancy that advises enterprises, institutions, and individuals on building recognition and enhancing reputation.
We are a collective of smart, curious people that think differently. We live by our shared values. These guide our work and build our inclusive, open and collaborative culture. We sum it up in two words: UNCOMMON SENSE.
Hanover is part of AVENIR GLOBAL’s powerhouse of specialist communications consultancies.
Find out more about Hanover and working for us.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Consultant (Account Manager equivalent) to join our dynamic and fast-growing Healthcare Communications team.
The Consultant will provide high-quality public relations services to Hanover’s existing healthcare clients, together with creative contribution towards new business activity including acquisition, development and pitching.
As a Consultant you will establish credible and effective working relationships across an increasingly broad portfolio of clients and provide project management services for all clients.
We’re on the lookout for someone who is excited about helping breakthrough products, services and companies to succeed.
The successful candidate will join a team with expertise in product PR, patient advocacy, crisis management, disease awareness, corporate communications and media relations, and work across a number of exciting therapy areas including infectious disease, immunology and oncology.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients, from the world’s top healthcare companies to exciting new startups, ultimately helping patients and healthcare professionals across numerous disciplines. Our clients include Novartis, Lilly, Celltrion Healthcare, NHSPS and Endomag.
The team was a triple award winner in 2019, with wins at the PRWeek, SABRE and PharmaTimes awards. We were also recently shortlisted for an agency award at the Communiqué Awards.
- Staying abreast of the media, with the goal of both identifying opportunities for coverage and issues
- Maintain strong relationships with relevant journalists and patient groups
- Translate health and science stories for the public, healthcare professionals and patients
- Develop and implement ambitious and effective PR campaigns for a range of clients
- Actively participate in client meetings and manage projects against agreed timelines and budgets
- Provide timely and relevant review of media monitoring reports to highlight key issues and approve before client dispatch
- Regularly identify reactive opportunities in the news agenda to secure coverage and draft high-quality press releases and media materials for client approval
- Project manage client events including press conferences, media events, stakeholder events and new business marketing events
- Contribute creatively towards new business pitches as part of the wider presentation team, potentially participating in pitches, reassuring clients they will receive support at junior levels
- Support and mentor junior team members from Intern to Senior Account Executive level by providing guidance to improve quality of work and overall efficiency
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Hanover financial and marketing systems
Skills & Experience:
- Good knowledge and demonstrable experience of healthcare/pharmaceutical PR
- Excellent project management, written and verbal communication skills
- Client focused with close attention to detail
- Familiarity with relevant media (print, broadcast and digital) and digital communication channels
- Curiosity about the news and industry environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
In addition to a competitive salary, your core benefits package will include:
- An annual performance-related bonus plus additional bonus potential linked to recruitment, new business and long service
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare insurance
- A company pension plan, including 5% employer contribution
You’ll also have access to a wide range of opportunities and initiatives, including:
- Flexible working policies, plus eligibility to apply for a sabbatical after 2 years’ service
- Summer Fridays finish (3pm) – early Friday finish the rest of the year (4pm)
- The Hanover Academy, which incorporates training, coaching, mentoring and reverse-mentoring opportunities to support personal development and career progression across all levels, with a generous training budget
- International secondments as well as the opportunity to collaborate with all offices across the AVENIR GLOBAL’s network
- A wellbeing programme, featuring (but not limited to) pre- and post-maternity leave coaching, a working parents’ group, subsidised gym membership, LiveSmart sessions on mindfulness, sleep, etc.
- Our Culture Club, with a robust social calendar all year round, Trailblazer of the Month award, Lunch & Learns, CSR activity, and an opportunity to win an Out of Office activity fund
Hanover is an equal opportunities employer, committed to encouraging a balanced workforce within our company and the wider industry.